Monday, December 29, 2008

WHEW!

Man! What a wonderful/exhausting time of year!! I LOVE Christmas. I love the decorations, the lights, the little bows on cars, spending time with family, and yes, even all the Christmas crowds! But, WOW, it's exhausting being on "this" side of it. Ya know, the parent/grown up side?? WHY didn't my mommy ever tell me?? I think that's the kind of thing that parents like to watch you figure out. Getting the kids to and from and packing/unpacking, wrapping, dividing up, balancing the checkbook, calling to confirm menus and locations...sigh! It's a LOT! But WORTH EVERY SECOND. It's better from this "side", I think. Experience the magic of Christmas through the eyes of your precious little ones is something to relish in. This was my little Connor's first Christmas. CUTE!!! Both boys experiencing the samethings in different ways. Breydan didn't know which way to turn, and kept thanking everyone profusely before he would even open a gift! LOL Connor wasn't really sure what to do with all those colorful boxes, but caught on soon enough that they had fun little gadgets in them! :) He finally started tearing the paper....but then he would just eat it!!LOL All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas and worth all the hustle and bustle.....but shhhh, don't tell anyone that I'm a little relieved that we're in wind-down mode!;)

No comments:

Post a Comment