Tuesday, September 15, 2009
The need to simplify!
I have been really feeling the need to simplify lately. I feel like we've spent so much energy 'planning' our life and for our future that we're forgetting our NOW! And, friends, NOW is your life. This moment, today, is what it's about. The future will take care of itself, if you're smart with your decisions, and do things rationally and thoughtfully, your future will be ok. Planning things as far as having a savings accounts, or a vacation over the Summer is not what I'm talking about, that is what I am starting to think of as "Smart Planning". We've lived our lives in fast forward though, after 7 years of marriage, we're trying to live in the house we'll want to live in FOREVER. I'm looking at that decision and thinking, "HUH???". What's so wrong with having TIME to think through what you want, where you want to live, how big/small you need/want your home, if you'll both be working and where you'll be working, how many kids will you have, there are so many things that go into FOREVER! Do you really know all about your forever when you're in your 20s? It's no wonder I'm stressed out, I'm living like I'm 40, and while I hate admitting this...I do NOT have the maturity level or mindset of a 40 year old. I need to take my time to get there, and enjoy the journey and the sights and sounds and feelings along the way. We'll be moving within the year, closer to home, and I am READY for this change. I'm ready to get back to square one, and be a 27 year old mom to two gorgeous, smart, vibrant boys, and a wife of seven years, not seventeen! Why is it so hard to remember to enjoy your every single day, and let the future be just that....the future??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amen girl!! We are so much alike! I wish we lived closer together because we would get along so well, I just know it. I have been on to a new motto of living TODAY. For example, my hubby has a thing for vehicles and can never keep one for long. And I don't mind because we are smart about it and never go upside down. Well this year he decided on a big ole truck with 4 captain chairs in it. Well everyone wanted to know what we were going to do if we have another child. Welllll, I guess we will figure it out when faced with it. And isn't right now the best time for him to enjoy it since we don't have to worry about how many seats it has!?!!! Anyway, hope you are adjusting well to the school schedule!
ReplyDeleteI have thought that myself! If we lived closer together I'd have that go-to girlfriend who could probably finish my thoughts over coffee after the kids were in school! :) Live for today, girl!! If you are blessed with another baby, the truck is just a 'thing' and can be replaced!!
ReplyDelete